STREETDATE: May 25, 2004
CMTA Code: IPCPXX
Comprised of stellar keyboard and vocalist, Allan Hall and sibling vocalists Todd and Nicol Smith, this trio has achieved renowned success within the Christian marketplace. Initially, focused on reinterpreting original hymns into their own harmonious style, Selah, an award winning group sets its sights on continuing a growing sales pattern and winning and influencing music consumers well beyond the Christian marketplace.
KEY TALKING POINTS:
* Dove Award Winning Group
* Career Sales of over 400,000 units
* Extensive touring group wins in person
* Harmonies unmatched with any other Christian group
* Established fan base
* Core Appeal (25-54 Christian Women)
* Well respected at both Christian retail outlets and press
* Achieved success at introducing Selah to mainstream markets
* Sales history of over 400,000 units sold
KEY SELLING POINTS:
* Selah 'All My Praise' launches to INSPO radio in March04
* Target AC Radio - new format for Selah to be targeted with a different single in effort to broaden audience.
* Trade advertising campaign in support of debut singles
* Multiple singles from the solo projects will be released to radio to drive awareness to Hiding Place as well as the solo projects.
**Allen Hall 'Down In The River' single add date 2/20/04
**Nicol Smith 'Jacob's Well' single add date 2/27/04
**Todd Smith 'I Turn To You' single add date March2004
* Heavy focus on CCM features in the following outlets: Print, CCM, CCM New Release Guide, Christianity Today, Today's Christian Woman, Christian Reader, Campus Life, Marriage Partnership, Christian Music Planet, Spirit Led Woman...and more!
* 700 Club, Trinity Broadcasting, LeSea Broadcasting, Inspirational Network
* Radio Satellite Tours - Selah to speak on air during morning drive during street week to maximize awareness surrounding new album's launch.
* Radio Contest - Radio contest will focus on targeted airplay markets centering on singles and albums core message.
* Soul2Soul Radio Special - Broadcasts in 470 markets and offers daily :60 spots of interviews, Christian music news and :60 devotionals/including over 30 Christian reporting radio stations across multiple formats - AC/CHR/INSP/ROCK - to air weekend after release.
* RADIO - Radio buys to target top Selah markets
* TV - Direct Response Television campaign to begin week prior to release and continue into June04. TV Targets include: Inspirational Network - 20 Million households; The Christian Network - affiliated with PAX Network; Faith TV-5 million households; Cornerstone TV
Strategy will focus on branding Selah's street date amongst radio listeners and broadening Selah's audience by targeting introductions to AC radio listeners through other artist's websites, chat rooms, web portals,etc.
**Selah record to be stickered with a removable coupon/pre-order mention for solo projects
**Merchandising campaign to include 2X1 header cards and 1X1s
**Account advertising sought throghout CBA Marketplace
**Pre-Order system to be put into place for the Selah record to begin March 1, 2004
With the launch of Selah's 3rd studio album, Curb Records is pleased to offer a separate bonus CD within the Hiding Place package giving core Selah consumers a sneak peak into the solo project debuts for each member of Selah.
Todd, Nicol and Allan have each recorded albums that reflect their individuality as artists. Together, this individuality displays a unique sound and powerful harmony that only Selah can deliver...individually, their solo projects take you on three very different explorations within their own musical identities. The solo project debut from each member of Selah will be available on August 10, 2004!
1. 'I Turn To You', Todd Smith
2. 'Anything & Everything', Nicol Smith
3. 'Down In The River', Allan Hall
4. 'You Raise Me Up', Selah
This combo package is a cornerstone to the launch of both the Selah album and the solo projects. Each will be marketed together ranging from an extensive television campaign to retail advertising intiatives.
** Exclusive offer allows 10 weeks of targeted exposure to core Selah fans offering pre-release awareness and word of mouth advertising.
** The initial shipment will contain a coupon/pre-order mention towards each of the 3 solo albums
** An extensive campaign through Christian press outlets to run from March04 through the end of the 2004
** One Selah track and three solo singles will all be driving sales of the Selah album for the first 60 days.
** An extensive direct response television campaign will kick off in May04 and run through the summer of 2004 advertising the Selah album and limited edition bonus CD.
** Selah's 2004 touring schedule will include a 20 minute feature midway through the performance to feature and promote each of the solo projects debuts.